Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Welcome Back, Kotter.

First post in five fuckin' years. Thought I'd post up this video of Dolly Rose, my kiddo, on the eve of her ninth birthday. She's big on freestyle dance moves and extemporaneous hip-hop jams. This one, filmed on my newly acquired Flip, has a repeated "you don't got the 411" lyric.



Speaking of videos, I downloaded Repo Man tonight--the vid and the soundtrack. I went from 17 to 37 without drinking booze or doing drugs, and now, at 38, I can honestly say I don't think I've seen that movie sober. Watching this trailer, though, I'm not sure sobriety would help make it any more intelligible.

Heading into the rabbit hole of the Repo Man--"the life of a repo man is always intense"--how 'bout this gem from the mighty Flag:

Or this classic from Suicidal:

Celebrity sightings include Slayer's Tom Araya as the stoner cat who pushes Mike Muir, and I'll be damned if the blond kid hitting the 180 ollie off the ramp isn't the legendary Nautas Kaupas. Powell's Steve Steadam does the Bert slide under the wooden arch thingie. As this video clearly shows, he's kept skating and still kills it:

Stealing the show as Muir's dad, though, is Clint Howard, who you are probably already a fan of as Cooperdick from Evil Speak, also known as the best fuckin' movie ever.

On a completely different note, here's a short video of Chris Savoy crank-flipping the fence at the Potrero skatepark. For those of you who don't speak the language, that's called being motherfuckin' manly.

No comments: